Friday 21 March 2014

4 Years A Blog


Well, it’s four years to the day since I first started writing this blog.

Over the years, especially this last one, it’s been the only thing that has helped preserve my sanity when life get’s really bad and so I want to thank all my regular readers for checking in here like you do. Things are actually pretty awful in my life right now and I don’t think anything’s going to get better at any point so, although I have precious few hours a week when I can actually either watch something for this site or, indeed, write something for it, I have at least been able to come on here, if time allows, and share some thoughts on the one part of my life which hasn’t been taken away from me... movies (and the odd book review too). I have a feeling that this blog may well outlive me, possibly soon, but I’m doing my best to get at least two reviews up a week where possible. Not much, I know, but I'm doing my best in the time I have. So please check back when you can.

Time/life permitting, in addition to the regular eclectic bunch of new and retro reviews, here are some of the themes/series I hope to be rewatching and exploring for this blog over the next 12 or 18 months, personal situation allowing...

More Kurosawa, a continuation of my reviews of the 1930s film series of The Saint, The Falcon series, the Zatoichi series of films on BluRay, the Christopher Lee Fu Manchi films, some dodgy euro super-hero movies and, of course, the usual glut of giallo, horror, scifi, exploitation, new cinema releases and goodness knows what else.

If I’m still around for the ride then I hope you are too.

Thanks for supporting my blog by reading.

All the best,

NUTS4R2.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I missed your blog anniversary, sorry, but happy belated! I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles in your personal life but know that I always look forward to your reviews and conversations on twitter, and I hope things improve for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Alex.

    Ha! No worries. Most people missed this one. I didn't exactly promote it too well, deliberately.

    Thanks for all your support and film talk over the last four years. It's been really good of you and I DO appreciate it.

    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete